Sunday, December 28, 2008

On the Fence

The blue pill still in effect I had no trouble with the mountainous wending way up up up to the breezy, drizzling Monteverde. This place was a hopping chalk full of tourists type of town. A mix of snotty adventerous types and familys on holiday... so obnoxious are we that the quakers refused to have the road paved up, thinking that at least dirt might keep tourism down... I disagree. The people who would come up are going to come up regardless. The road would have to get a lot worse then a few near treacherous drops and giant mud holes. Our van, a.c off and trundling up the mountain like a pack animal.

David (one of the brits) and mountain climbers of the weekend, had a couple projectile hurtling stops and close calls. Which heralded the demise of health of at least 6 people on the tour. I shudder to think air bourne virus... But we landed in a small hotel place and met a cute local dog that didnt seem rabid and was pretty wonderful. We were told of course no dogs in the rooms so kidnapping was out. I suppose it was best.

Im killing time now before we go ziplining... and ill have time to blog all about that tonight if I survive. The one I wanted to go on was sold out and the one Im going on is apparently less spectacular of a forest but faster... uh, huh. Yah. Theres no time for the butterfly farm and I suppose I could always put the frog farm on credit card... how many does one get to see in a lifetime-- I said no to the serpentorium having been to a pretty fantastic one in NC.

So Ill say goodbye for now as this keyboard is all funked up and the bus is coming in a 1.2 hour. I just have time to get some soda water and say my prayers. Check in on my ailing friends and try not to think about plummeting to my death. Im thrilled at my decision to go, no really, Im sure its going to be great.

Sigh.

2 comments:

penelope said...

I'm so psyched to think about you ziplining!

~sarah said...

it's goig to be so rad!!! and of course you must see the frog farm if you can't see the butterfly farm. it only makes sense.