Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Inoculated for Life, by Schu

The very last thing on my list, besides my complete incompetence regarding my mp3 player is the shot in the arm i got down at the travel clinic. For HepA/B... I am now protected against them for life. Though it seems some small dent in beating death, but it makes me feel lofty. Like when I say I'm learning french. . . I'll feel more important when I say, oh yes, well, i had to get the yellow fever vaccine. I mean, of course! And now, after a fervent period of research and panic regarding everything that could befall me from taxi driving scams, to cholera, rabies, druglords, volcanos, and typhoid... whatever they all are, mean nothing in the face of the actual activity of leaving the country and ending up somewhere completely different.

And I've discovered the coming and going are really very important and a reminder that I'm loved, will be missed, and that my stories ... most of them, want to be heard... especially by puppets and souvenirs.

1 comment:

penelope said...

Use the Force, m. Use the Force.