Sunday, February 5, 2012

At the end of it,

I went to bed in a feverish haze wondering what about storage lockers draws people to your attention. The panhandler on the way in and then the guy who was talking to me in korean on the way out of Seoul, until i finally understood why it wouldn't take my 5,000w. Because it only takes 1,000w. So he made change for me, repeated the same thing in Korean as I nodded and said thanks, and he walked away. It seemed he was sent over there to make sure I got my bag and once that was done he disappeared. That was a good moment.
The opposite of that happened this morning, when somehow against all odds I deleted all my music files. I threw my desktop file into the trash because i hate clutter, and then went to get it out because suddenly my itunes lib disappeared, and somehow btw searching if in reality i had really deleted all my files, it became unrecoverable and disappeared. Don't get me started. I couldn't believe it either. Let me tell you, this was a new one for me on the list of stupid things i've ever done. I'm going to go ahead and blame the flu, and you'd think after that i wouldn't even try to do anything else like leave the house, but there i went, because i was hungry and why not just quick catch the bus to the hmart, because the rolls are only $2 and they're good. Of course somehow i miss the stop and end up across town with the opposite bus not coming for another 12min. I think about just giving up and getting coffee but I didn't come out for that so i start walking to the stop only to realize I didn't have any change for the bus for the way back, so in the drizzle i make my way to kingmart and find some tangerines to buy, and might as well walk a bit further now, back to the hmart, and by that point i'm so close to home i might as well just walk there and stop at the rainbow mart to see if there was possibly anything else i wanted to buy. Kiwis. actually. And that's when I think my God what a horrible day. Sure I dont have to work, and i've taken a hot shower, and the Idiot Abroad is making me laugh but my God my brain, i dont know if it can take the self-pity trying to crash on it's shores right now.

I'll just have to try and write about starting work tomorrow. Recapping my day just did me in.

No comments: