Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Liquid Stuff

I'm watching liquid stuff pour from that blue thing up there. It's coming down pretty fast and there's a bird outside our window that keeps singing. Earlier there was an Iguana named Taco that was staring at us while we were swimming today and I'm killing time before dinner as we decided not to go into town today.

This is probably my last post until I reach, hopefully freerer, a less schiester like place, hopefully tomorrow night... it's like yes stick me in the middle of nowhere and trap me here and make me pay foreverythinginexpensive slightly exaggerated ways. It's a prison of my own making but whatever. And i really hate hills right now and it's a workout of like 8-10 flights up just to make it back to our room everytime i want a meal or whatever... But anyway, we made it to Manuel Antonio... But we got stuck on different shuttles. I kept trying to think if it were worth it for $40 to be alone and have it take 5 hours to get here instead of 4...which it did. I'm still out on that one as it seemed to be my most cranky travel day yet, the dreaded motion ills aside of previous posts. I guess my patience is finally at an end? My calm and carefree travel demeanour. We did cleanse our pallet with a trip to the Butterfly farm which was small, and really... come on, a better giftshop is in order but I liked learning about them and their export business and then we saw some rodent creature, crocodiles, camins and some spider monkeys jumping around in a bamboo grove on the way back to the hotel.

It is beautiful on the mountain with pools and pretty good food. And we three do operate at a mellow ease of what we want to do and when to do it. This morning we walked down to the park entrance and saw 4 or so sloths, one with babe, and the more i watch them the more i think they are incredibly cool. Along with the howler monkeys who just stared at us lazily. And a sparkly large blue butterfly coming at us down the path. We made it to an alcove, bay... and could not resist going in. I with out a swimsuit waded into the warm tourquoise waters anyway but was remorseful after the sand would not leave me, exfoliant though it might be... the racoons were entertaining if not perilously assertive... and we trudged back and found a cool haven of a taxi to take us to this bar, restaurant that has an actual plane from the iran/contra affair sitting there. Thats as far as history extends into CostaRica. or at least on this side of paradise. Otherwise really it's all about the beaches and the jungle and nothing else.

Tomorrow night more (possibly) reflections on resort living and I will eventually when you, the 3 or 4 of you reading this, have lost complete interest I will blog about my travel companions. And upload more pictures.

Adios mi amigos.

2 comments:

~sarah said...

you're nearing the end of the trip and getting antsy to get back here to us, so naturally you're a little impatient. it's like you know you're on your way out and have already experienced most of what you were looking forward to, so wasting time with schiesters in these last few days is clearly maddening! spending money at all at this point is just frustrating too because now you see "real life" back on the horizon and instead of thinking "heeeee, i'm adventuring! who cares?!" you're thinking "crap, i've got bills waiting for me in a few days." or at least you are now. sorry. : )

make the most of it! and did you get your hammock?!

Anonymous said...

Did you trade the liquid stuff for some shake and bake?