Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hazy Days

Yesterday I meandered around San Jose, and by that I mean, stayed pretty much to the center of town as according to everyone, it is some tourist-crime haven. I can't say its worse than seeing anti-pickpocket signs through italy, or even just driving through guatemala city but I'll be cautious. But6 it does instill some automatic, must depart place button. Part of me, now that the group has split- half of us our left... will have to post about them when i{m alone and free and clear somehow, but I feel like I should be on the move but aren´t or that i'm in some bizarre holding pattern of pulling from one world and out into another. Much more on my own and relaxed and familiar... but maybe too¿ But I'll try not to feel the threads twining too tightly to action as sometimes what you need is to not go anywhere for a while. Wherever you are. And as it is I'm going rafting tomorrow. So what if today and the day after are filled with wanderings and nothing muchess. After that its 3 days on the beach... and thats a whole different kind of lounging all together... Do I push to see one more volcano? A waterfall? Go into the jungle... again, and again, and again...

Last night we all said goodbye and in our group fashion it was reserved and mellow and somewhere along i lost my fantastic new ring. Which left me obsessing all about where I mightve placed it, in my day... in my evening. And had all these anxieties about hotel switches, rafting and who knows what, as if my roommate had left traces of worry all over me before she left. I woke up to say goodbye to her at 5am and remembered sometime before her waking up and saying, what's going on, what's happening. and me saying, don't worry, it's ok... go back to bed. And then later I gave her a half asleep hug and mumbled brave adventurer before going back to bed. And she left quickly before getting too emotional.

I woke up this morning to a very nice and even better, complimentary breakfast: cereal, toast, huevos, pineapple, papaya, watermelon-- oh so good! And then had a 2nd smaller breakfast when Harriet Agnethe and Martin tumbled from their rooms. Some usual banter came up and then I mentioned Pompeii a couple too many times and Martin started getting sarcastic and I told him to .... off. (omg... blogger just dot.dot.dotted my f-bomb¡¿) Awesome. Anyway. Then we proceeded to harang each other about saving his immortal soul. Because all americans are classically interested in doing just that to every athiest we meet. I think he just wanted to pick a fight. I guess I'll still give him a tip but now of course, every night when I pray, just because he was such a bastard my list will say: pray for Martin's immortal soul. Amen.
***

And now its off for yet another hotel switch and more wandering and re-reuniting with Cath and Isaac... who have just gone ziplining¡¿ Can't wait to hear all about it. So psyched to have them with me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hazy in No Ho, but in a different way.

schu said...

heh.

Anonymous said...

So the new ring never reappeared? Sad :(