Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Food...

After going thru 4 memory cards and taking some 1280 photos I went thru while I was deleting and sorting to pull out some memorable food photos- only to find that there weren't that many... enough I guess... but somehow completely uninclusive and dissatisfying. I suppose though it's a good enough mix and I can only conclude that since I was alone at breakfast the most or with Cath I took pics and if i was with the group I barely ever thought of it, and also, traveling with a backpack everywhere you go gets OLD... From what I remember the food in Antigua I found the least satisfying and just a bit off except for some excellent soup and that chicken plate... and ok it wasn't all bad... Copan Hondurus was good and so was Roatan. Nicaragua was a 50/50 negotiation of lackluster to decent, except on the island of Ometepe I did get the best roast chicken and shish kabobs ever... but no photo documentation!? Horror! And I did also have the best breakfast there also... dammit, again no photos... After that Costa Rica in comparison was so expensive that even the best meals lost points due to their American gringo prices.. so i guess over all the best food I had there aren't pictures of. . . but looking back it wasn't all bad. And some of it pretty good. I think without a doubt Cen Am knows how to make good huevos, some pretty tasty rice/beans, and i do love fried plantains, and natural juice drinks like blended pineapple in a glass- pretty fantastic. Next time I vow to document the food better. Next up, definitive packing list per Danicas request and maybe some of the travel folk... I've got all the time in the world now... and I might just blog about an upcoming visit to Penelope land. That would be pretty fantastic too.















4 comments:

penelope said...

Mmm. Now I'm totally starving!

Anonymous said...

My mom has documented vacations by food.

Now I'm hungry and there's nothing nearly as interesting in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Check out the little pointsetta on the table and the cool table cloths!

~sarah said...

funny, i usually only think to take photos of food when i'm with you!