Sunday, January 29, 2012

Unforgivable 2 month gap,

As I sit here on my tiny chair, that is as we speak contemplating death, poor chair, I realize that the gap in the story for myself and my eventual hordes of fans is really bad. So let's see:

Job notice pops up on daveseslforum. I apply immediately. Oh jeju! Kang and Damon both think that I won't be able to find something until mid january and they are slow, actually don't ever send me any more job notices. Despite repeated requests for them to do so, and them repeatedly telling me they will. And suddenly I'm only talking to damon and never to kang. Sadness. Mr.Jeju sent me a couple notices at first but then since it seemed that i wanted to come in January or end of january sort of dismissed me entirely too. But then the lovelies on Jeju called SG asked me to interview. I did. She contacted my references pretty immediately and then NOTHING. . . and something about a terrible cold, and not sure, and blah blah blah. Damon finally said, I'll send you notices... ok. SG said, I'll let you know... It wasn't until the 26th that I finally said I really don't mean to pressure you but i must as the Seoul peeps want me to work there- and i think finally got miffed that i didn't. So that by wednesday SG finally says yes to hiring me, and by the 31st the contract is negotiated and expressed to them. They get it by the 3rd. The visa comes through lightening fast on the 4th. Friday I apply for the visa. I buy a plane ticket. By monday my visa is in- and thus begins the speedy downslope of departure that was the 21st. So obviously i can't be blamed for not stringing a coherent thought together. And yes, i was busy playing xbox but that was totally necessary.

No comments: