Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The help class,

Everyday the kid walks in. I ask, how are you? He says, angry. I say, aw, Hyuk Joon (huckjune) still angry? Yes. Today instead of doing the assignment, which really is standard practice for him, he was drawing, which is better than picking up the desk above the head which he does also, or wandering around the room and opening the windows or scrawling on ye jins perfect homework much to her ire. Today, he said, angel. I thought it was an improvement because normally he follows that pronouncement up with "dark angel"... and then i say, oh devil, since i don't want to complicate things with "demon" and yes dark angel is also correct but we prefer the direct contrasting of angel/devil to make the point (he's only 8 anyway). So i spelled angel on the board, so at the very least he could be learning something. And then I said, Hyuk Joon angel. He said, no, teacher angel.

Now something like that would be heart warming but he didn't mean it quite like that- maybe he did. It was more a curious matter of fact.Which you know, revelation of spiritual realities and all that. He knows I dwell in the light and whatever is harassing him definitely doesnot. I said, hyuk joon angel. He says again, no, teacher angel. I get where he's going now but just to emphasize how much i disagree, i say hyuk joon angel, ye jin angel, teacher angel. He let it go. But then he also said, mmm, devil, at his drawing. I will have to photo it for you all. So i wrote the word on the board. And then sometime later a monster was surrounding the dark angel/devil. So then I wrote monster on the board. He eventually erased all the 3 words and was adamant i not keep his drawing which i did anyway.

That's all for now.
It's raining. Again. Kronos time is crawling along this week. But it promises to be sunny for the weekend. I still dont' have a phone but i do have sunglasses. 3 1/2 months seemed really long just days ago and now it seems nothing. Whatever time. You're so fickle. I don't even know why i pay attention. 

kik.

No comments: