Friday, February 6, 2009

Schu Goes East

Look at me go!

joblessness won't stop me. There was a glut recently in parking tickets and traffic infractions that might slow me down but only for a little bit. It's just a reminder that life can get fucked up fairly fast. By carelessness or a series of small missteps, and suddenly you're broke, or in jail, or homeless, or you lose your license, and it's a fucked up but short trip sometimes to the bottom. I think that's what all these traffic tickets remind me. And also the importance of grace for people, not just for myself. Preferably in a position to give it and be on the receiving end of it. Because in the face of things like rule violations that are so pointless but necessary sometimes you just wonder.



But I digress- i'm heading to North Carolina for a week. To see my long lost friend Penelope. So I'll be back on the blog in all its glory... and seeing what it's like even after all my travels. And so far the shaking of the memory seive is going well... the volcano climbing seems to be the most significant. We'll see what else comes through... along with upcoming ghost tours and time with toddlers... i'm sure there will be plenty of fodder here for my memories files also.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ghost tour woo!

~sarah said...

hmmmm, i wonder what you'll bring back for me from Chez Lo? please nothing that involves toddlers and vials of substances of any kind. : )

Anonymous said...

Grace: undeserved love. Pastor Durkee always looked at me when he wanted the definition. He knew I knew it.